Maria Watches Over Us Anime , Season 4 Disk 3 (English)

In Disk 3 of Maria Watches Over Us Season 4, we turn our eyes towards Touko and, for the very first time, take a good, long look at her.

Until this moment, Yumi (and hopefully we,) have had our opinion shifting so rapidly that we're really hard put to know just *who* Touko is. And, despite her best intentions, Yumi finds that she doesn't really understand her at all.

Like Sei, Touko has a secret. Like Sei, Touko has learned to hide it in a way that distracts people from even realizing that there is a secret that is being hidden. And on Christmas, like Sei, Touko does something that changes lives. Interesting, when you think about it that way, huh? ;-)

As I read the novels, what really moved me was Noriko's reactions to Touko. Her innate understanding of her unlikely friend brings tears to my eyes even now. I swear Noriko cries more on Touko's behalf than for any other reason.

Disk 3 would be impossible to watch without knowing that Disk 4 was there. But it is. Phew.

Ratings:

Art - 7
Characters - 10
Story - 10
Yuri - 2
Loser Marimite Fan - somewhere between a million and a billion

Overall - 9

There are so many kinds of love touched upon in this series. And, like Sailor Moon, it holds a special place in my heart, because I love so many things about it.

Oh, and, by the way - can you *believe* that I am reviewing the English-language version of this series? How freaking cool is that? I'm going to send chocolates to RightStuf next Valentine's Day, see if I don't. :-)

Blog Archive