From I"s/I"s Pure Now Streaming


I know, I know - I'm slacking on reviews again (not to mention the new banner braves gave me to put up). ^_^;

For now though, I'm dropping in to point out something I was shocked to see happen. Viz, almost a year or more after releasing them on DVD, have put up both I"s OVAs for free on Hulu. You can watch them here, but you have to have an account since they're rated TV-MA (which likely means they do include the Delusional Diaries). It should be noted however, that this is the subbed versions that are streaming.

As much as I hate to bite the hand that's feeding me, I've got to say it's about time Viz did something for the title, though very little since I only found out about the streaming thanks to a post on Toonzone. Back when the DVD was forthcoming, they issued no statements at first, and we only had vague rumors to go off of thanks to the role of Iori appearing on Erika Weinsten's online resume. After that, the DVD was shoved onto shelves with no advertising what-so-ever, not even a page about it in their Shonen Jump magazine. The release is completely bare-bones as well, so far to the point that there's not even music on the menus, no behind-the-scenes features like even Buso Renkin got (not to mention no sign of the Japanese behind-the-scenes that were on the original DVDs), and not even a trailer online to raise awareness.

No, in fact it seems at times like Viz didn't even WANT this to sell. I'm sure it wouldn't have done that great anyway, seeing as how it's only 8 episodes all together, but a little advertising would have gone a long way, and have left me a happier fan. It's my only really great rant against them.

Anyway, check out the streams and let me know what you guys think, I'm always up for meeting another I"s fan. Terata - er, Gyt out.

Blog Archive